--
0


"We have to find our way back to true emotion. This is going to sound so sappy, but love is the only thing that stands the test of time. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was all about love. Andre 3000, The Love Below. Even NWA, at its core, that was about love for a neighborhood. We're chasing a lot of sounds now, but I'm not hearing anyone's real voice. The emotion of where you are in your life. The mortgage scandal. People losing their jobs. I want to hear about that." (Wall Street Journal)


"On the show as well were Third Eye Blind and Kelly Clarkson," Jay explained. "I thought that to be the oddest pairing ever but, soon realized, it's what I've always professed. There is no such thing as black music or white music only good or bad music. It's stupid cool to like things that are not like you, and that goes for outside of music. If you're an African American you can have a Jewish friend...I think concerts like this should happen more often...I'm putting that into the universe..next up Taylor Swift and Uncle Murda!!" (Rap Radar)

No Response to "Jay Z. On What Hip Hop Needs Right Now!!!!!!"

Post a Comment